Monday, March 12, 2018

Toddler Friendly Calzones #BakingBloggers

Our granddaughter stays with us for two days each week because on one day each week her mama goes right from work to school.  She used to come on Tuesdays and stay until Wednesday evening.  This semester class is on Monday evenings so starting today we picked our Angel Face up this morning and will take her home on Tuesday evenings.



This means that Toddler Tuesdays will probably be more lunch style recipes than dinner and my Meatless Monday or Mexican Monday meals will be more toddler friendly.  Luckily, for us (and for her), our Little Miss is a very good eater.  She will try anything, loves veggies and has a great appetite.



When faced with this month's Baking Blogger theme of Calzones, I knew that I would make them while we had our girl because pizza is a favorite of hers.



What?  Oh, I'm sorry.  I forget that I may have new visitors that have no idea what the heck Baking Bloggers might be.  Allow me to explain.

My friend, Sue of PalatablePastimes started this fun group a few months ago and invites other bloggers to join her on the second Monday of each month to bake along with her after a theme is chosen by popular vote.  It is a lot of fun and so far I have made Concord Grape Pie, Individual Cheesecakes, Pate a Choux and a Jelly Roll.




But today we are talking Calzones...The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to see what the others share.  You will find links to their recipes at the bottom of this post.


As you can see from the photos, we had a great time making these tiny Toddler Friendly Calzones.  Grampy had a meeting this day so Angel Face and I went shopping in the morning.  We found the BEST Elena of Avalor costume ever....complete with shoes and a sword!  When we got home we made these miniature calzones for our lunch before nappy.  


Angel Face made these all herself.  Grammy helped to fold them and seal them.  All except for two of them.  Little Miss informed me she doesn't like her pizza folded.


When nappy was over, Grampy was home and it was time for a battle.  But there was absolutely no battle over eating lunch.  She gobbled down her two pieces and then decided to try a bite of mine, announcing,  "Hey, folded pizza is really good!"  


Well crap....I can't figure out how to rotate this video LOL.



Enjoy making these pizzas with your toddler or just make them for yourself the next time you want a quick pizza fix but don't have time to make your own dough and sauce.  

Toddler Friendly Calzones

Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
Pizza Sauce (here is a homemade recipe)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Pepperoni Slices

Flatten out the desired number of biscuits onto a baking pan lined with parchment or a silicone mat.  Spread some pizza sauce in the middle of each.  Sprinkle with Mozzarella and add 2 slices pepperoni on each.  Fold in half and crimp the edges to seal.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.  Print Recipe


#BakingBloggers

Calzone

6 comments:

  1. She is SO precious and I love that she knows what she likes - not folded! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Cam, she knows exactly what she wants and makes sure you know it.

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun idea!! I can't wait to try it with my grandsons. I know they'd love it. Adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a delight to see your little angle making her calzone and filling it according to her choice.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.