Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tomatilla and Avocado Salsa #KitchenMatrixCookingProject

Today's choice of recipes for our Kitchen Matrix Cooking Project worked out perfectly for me.  I am currently involved in the Brunch Week event and one of the recipes I had planned was Huevo Ranchero Cups.

These neat little tortilla cups filled with homemade refried beans, cheese and eggs are made even more delicious with the addition of some salsa.



When Cam, of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, chose the section of the Kitchen Matrix Cookbook  titled "Salsa +12 ways", I knew that I wanted to incorporate it into my Brunch Week recipe.


Imagine my delight when I saw that author, Mark Bittman, had a recipe for Chopped Salsa that included all the same ingredients that were in the Huevos Rancheros Cups.   I LOVE when life works out that way.


This salsa is delicious!!  I ladled extra onto my Huevos Rancheros.  The rest was enjoyed another day with Tortilla Chips and a Hibiscus Margarita.  Stay tuned for that recipe coming soon.

Let's take a look at what other salsa's are being shared today........





Pin it

Tomatillo and Avocado Salsa

This tangy salsa is the perfect topping for the Huevos Rancheros Cups that can be found on this blog. It is also delicious as a snack with chips or served with grilled chicken breasts.

ingredients:

2-3 Tomatillos, husked, washed and diced
1 Poblano chile, seeded and diced
1 avocado, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
juice of 1/2 lime
chopped cilantro, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

instructions:

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.  Let set for 15 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.

notes

This recipe was inspired by The Kitchen Matrix Cookbook
Created using The Recipes Generator

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I can't help but laugh that almost every week we pick similar ingredients. Looks great, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happen to have too many avocados on hand just looking for a recipe. This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.